Updated 1 hour ago
After 18 months of leaving the offices of non-essential workers, thousands of people across the country are set to return to workplaces next week.
Strict public health restrictions on work will be lifted from next Monday, allowing workplaces to open “specific work requirements” on the basis of staged and back-to-back attendance.
When the computers boot and the dust blows away, it will have been 557 days since workers were first asked to stay home where possible.
Healthcare workers, teachers, drivers, retail and emergency services employees, construction workers and many others were already working outside their homes for some or all of the pandemic.
But for those who have worked remotely, the coming weeks represent a massive change in Covid-19 restrictions on work – and we want to hear your stories.
Are you returning to your workplace for the first time, continuing to work from home, or a combination of the two? How do you feel about it?
Or maybe you are an essential worker and already work outside your home. Will anything change in your work arrangements on September 20th?
Get in touch and tell us your story. You may consider:
- What will your business arrangements look like as of September 20th?
- Are you being asked (or asked) to return to the workplace? Can you continue to work from home if you want to?
- Does the employer offer a “hybrid” option where you can combine working in the office and remotely?
- Would you like to work in the office, at home, or a combination of the two?
- How safe do you feel when you return to the workplace?
- What safety measures does your workplace apply?
- Do you feel supported by your employer? Did they give you all the information you need?
- Has your situation at home changed since the last time you were in the office — did you move home or have a baby, for example? Has this affected the working arrangements that suit you best?
No news is bad news
is yours contributions You’ll help us keep delivering the stories that matter to you
Support us now
To share your story, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Work”.
We will share the stories in a future article. Please include your name and county in an email with your story.
Please let us know if you would like to remain anonymous or use only your first name in the widget.
“Spécialiste de la télévision sans vergogne. Pionnier des zombies inconditionnels. Résolveur de problèmes d’une humilité exaspérante.”