The lotto results went down on Wednesday night.
For the first time since 2016, the jackpot has exceeded 13 million euros.
There was an expected increase in ticket sales, and the raffle was held earlier this evening.
The winning numbers were:
4, 11, 12, 18, 25 and 39 with a bonus of 40
The Lotto Plus One raffle winning numbers are:
8, 11, 17, 23, 41, 47 with an additional number 24
The winning numbers for the Lotto Plus Two raffle were:
1, 5, 6, 16, 23, 38 and 20 bonus.
Unfortunately, no one claimed any of the three awards.
However, there was one match 5 winner + an additional prize of €127,549.
In total, more than 111,000 players have won prizes in the Lotto and Lotto Plus raffles.
Meanwhile, the winning draw number was 3329, with 101 people winning €5,000 as a result.
Earlier this year, a family syndicate from the city of Kilkenny celebrated winning the €12.7 million jackpot.
A Change of Lives ticket was purchased at Circle K service station on Waterford Road in Kilkenny.
The last time the Lotto jackpot exceeded €13 million was in January 2016, when a lucky winner from Belmullet, Co Mayo, won a whopping €13,793,435.
2021 has already proven lucky for some Lotto players with wins for people at Limerick, Kilkenny, Westmeath, Cork and Galway.
A spokesperson for the National Lottery, speaking before the baffling draw, said: “This is big! It’s been more than five years since Ireland’s Lotto players saw the Lotto jackpot reach €13 million.
“The current jackpot has been in play since Wednesday 9 June and in the draw last Saturday (28 August), 23 separate players came painfully close to winning the offered jackpot by matching five numbers, losing the €12.4 million jackpot with just one digit.
For those curious, here are the five biggest winners in Lotto history.
- 28-Jun-08 – Dan Morrissey Syndicate of Carlo Claims Biggest Irish Win Ever (Carlo) – 18963441 Euros
- 14-April-10 – A Waterford couple buy their winning ticket at Eason Store at Dungarvan Waterford – €16,717,717
- 23-Oct-10 – Dublin man wins the grand prize with a ticket bought at Donnybrook Gallery in Dublin 4 – €16,390.239
- July 28-07 – The Cork City Cunningham family become Lotto millionaires after purchasing their ticket at their local Centra store in Farranree, Co. Cork – 16,185,749
- 26-Apr-08 – A Dublin family shares a huge jackpot with a lucky ticket from Rolag Newsagent in Klondalken, Dublin 22 – €15,658,143
“Spécialiste de la télévision sans vergogne. Pionnier des zombies inconditionnels. Résolveur de problèmes d’une humilité exaspérante.”