While turkey is the centerpiece of a star-studded Christmas dinner, Brussels sprouts always end up dividing the table. Some like the little green vegetables while others just can’t stand their taste. Either way, Jamie Oliver has a unique advantage Brussels sprouts recipe Which everyone should try.
800g of brussels sprouts 2 high-quality Cumberland sausages
Half a pack of fresh sage is about 15 grams
20 gm unsalted butter
One sweet apple
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Prune the brussels and peel off any lumpy outer leaves, halving any larger leaves, and keeping the young leaves whole. Cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for five minutes, then drain and allow to steam dry.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Pick and add half of the sage leaves, and cook for three minutes, or until crispy, then flip in a small bowl.
3. Put the pan back on the fire and squeeze the sausage meat from the peel directly into the pan, breaking it with the back of a spoon. Cook for three to five minutes, until golden and crunchy, while peel and thinly slice the onion, pluck the rest and chop finely.
4. Add the onion and chopped sage to the skillet and cook for five minutes over medium-high heat, or until the onions are softened, stirring occasionally.
5. Peel and core the apple, then cut it into small pieces. Stir in skillet, add sprouts as well, then add Worcestershire sauce and stir until heated through.
6. Transfer the mixture to a serving plate and spread it over the fragile sage leaves and dig in.
Tip: For a veggie-friendly version, replace the sausage with chopped chestnuts and use anchovy-free Worcestershire sauce.
do not miss …
Meghan Markle and Harry’s influence continues to grow [INSIGHT]
Royal Mail warns of last minute delays before Christmas [NEWS]
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall shares his beer bread recipe at River Cottage [GUIDE]
Jamie shared several recipes for all the elements of Christmas dinner.
Its « ready » meat broth is said to « transform » any roast dinner.
The TV Chef also makes a great recipe for Christmas Eve or Boxing Day; Jamie Oliver’s « Quick and Easy » Recipe for Salmon Stuffed with Lemon and Lime for Christmas.
« Spécialiste de la télévision sans vergogne. Pionnier des zombies inconditionnels. Résolveur de problèmes d’une humilité exaspérante. »